BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Last night, after watching a couple episodes of 24, Dan and I set out on a covert operation. I needed to take a picture of the new window display and you can't get a good one if it's light out. But I always feel like I'm doing something wrong when I go at night and take pictures of the shop window. Like I'm casing the joint or something which I know is silly since I have the key and the alarm code but nevertheless I always am fearful the cops will show up and arrest me and since we already had covert ops on our mind after watching 24, that's how we referred to our outing. We told Amy we were heading out on a mission and we'd be back when the world was safe once again. We received an eye roll for that one! Kids, they have NO sense of adventure! Dan wanted to blacken our faces so we wouldn't be seen, but I nipped that idea in the bud real darn fast! That would be a tad bit hard to explain if the cops did show up. Add in the fact that secret agents don't carry any i.d. (oops! we both forgot to take our driver's licenses), and we'd have really been in trouble! Lucky for us though, the mission was a success and we didn't see hide nor hair of a cop anywhere. You're probably wondering why I'm telling you this story. Well, remember my last post where I said I have another finish to share? While I was in the midst of the covert operation, I slipped inside the shop and took a picture of it! So without further ado, here is Just Another Button Company's July Cup O' Tea!



I didn't like the original location of the white star buttons, they were supposed to be on the blue part. I prefer them on the red. Frame is by Zaps Frames.

And just in case you want to see the window I did, here's a picture of it. With the exception of the wedding dress and the brass candle holders, both purchased at Goodwill, we didn't spend any money for props so I had to make due with what I had. I think it turned out quite well, don't you?




That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by! And if you comment, thanks for that too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie, that is beautiful! Your display is so "timely". Funny story too!

Oh and I like the Geranium House too!

And I'm not anonymous, just can't remember my password!

Peg

idontknow said...

Now lets see if this works.
Just Beautiful Julie!

JoyNtheJourney said...

Wow, what a beautiful display! All of your work is amazing! That store owner is very lucky to have you there.

Chellaj said...

Julie, I would LOVE some close-ups of the frames in your display. Don't suppose you & Dan want to go out for another covert operation?

Meari said...

The window looks great. LOL @ blackening the faces... Yes, that'd be a bit difficult to explain if the cops showed up. Your teacup turned out nice. Congrats on the finish.

Rachel S-H said...

LOL. That is funny about the covert ops, but your window is really neat. Love it! The teacup is pretty! I hadn't seen that one.

Julie M said...

Thanks Meari and Rachel! Chella, I'll see if I can get Dan to do another covert op with me but he wasn't happy I wouldn't agree to the blackened faces so he might say no. He has a tendency to pout when I spoil his fun!